Your basket is empty.
0Items in cart:
Prices: Australian Dollars
Changes to 'Caravanning Outback Australia' since publication...
Bring your copy up to date now using the items listed below:
Our Information & Update Service is now available FREE to book purchasers, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to us.
If you know of an update item which we have not listed, please let us know
Amend your copy now using the items listed below to keep your book up to date.
Updates at Jan 2009
- p267: Caravan Club no longer operates – has been replaced by free service: go to Internet at www.aussiepublishing.com.au and select “Updates” for new information, or send SAE to us for update sheet.
- On page 94 change phone for Telstat Communications to (03) 9786 9422; add e-mail address email@example.com
- On pages 223, 119, 121 and 123 change fax number for Birdsville Fuel and Post Office to 07 4656 3263
- pp7, 153, From 15 February 2005 Trakmaster Pty Ltd is at 874 Mountain Highway, Bayswater, Vic 3153 Phone, fax and email address remain the same.
- On p.237, Lyndhurst Roadhouse has changed from BP to Shell
- pp21, 98, 120, 184, email address of Westprint is now firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aussie Road & Track Trailers now at Shipp Shape Car Top Tents, Unit 11, 10 Pioneer Ave, Thornleigh NSW 2120 Phone 02 9980 6044 email: email@example.com Internet http://www.shippshape.com.au (p231, p105, p116)
- a store with a caravan park & camping ground has opened at William Creek. Groceries now available (Map 6 and page 229)
- correction… Map 6 Index To Services, page 224 no auto gas at Marree
- Map 2, p201, no autogas at Boulia
- Farina now has camping ground with basic facilities, township features signed (Map 6, and p 226 – north of Lyndhurst)
- Aussie Outback Tours pp 101, 122, 205, 247 – new Junortoun address is as per letterhead of this sheet
- Birdsville Caravan Park has changed its e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under new National Road Rules (Part 18, Rule 300) it is now legal for the driver to use a CB radio while travelling, illegal to operate a hand-held mobile telephone. Kindly amend relevant information on p 91 of Caravanning Outback Australia
- Alter Map 1 "Services" — only avgas & diesel, no petrols avail at Warburton, Warakurna (Giles) and Docker River
- ADP Caravan Services (p 44, 118) now at Factory 35, 128 Canterbury Rd, Kilsyth [Milton Park]
- Reports coming in from Outback areas – NO WATER AVAILABLE in many areas. Take ALL your own water, or BUY it!
- New camping area built at Wolfe Creek Crater. Suit vans, tents. Toilets, water avail. p217, Map 4.
- CDMA mobile phone service through Optus and Telstra has improved and more small towns now have mobile service (p85)
- GSM mobile phone service accessible on Tanami Road in area close to Tanami Mine, Granites Mine (Map 4)
- Top Springs roadhouse caters for caravanners now. (Map 8, page 245)
- p106 – caravan clubs: change to Mr Col Morris, Secretary, Australasian Touring Caravan, Motorhome & Camping Club, Inc, PO Box 420, Seaford, Vic, 3198 Email: email@example.com http://www.atcmcc.org.au
- Innamincka Trading Post now run by Bob & Belinda (see advert p239)
- New state-of-art Waltzing Matilda museum in Winton has been opened (p 204, Map 2)
- Due to securing highway network contract, some rural highway locations serviced by Vodaphone mobile only. Other locations may be serviced by only one other carrier.
- New 12-pin heavy duty plugs and bases with 35 amp pins are available from Narva – refer p.57 diagrams
- On all map “Index to services” tables no leaded petrol anywhere.
- It has been announced that the ‘Merinee Loop” section (between Kings Canyon and Hermannsburg vicinity) will be upgraded and sealed over the next few years. (Refer to Map 1, p 195)
- p228, Coward Springs. Alter phone numbers: Phone April – Oct 08 86758336; Nov – March 08 85596144 for information
- Map 1, Henbury meteorite crater conservation reserve. Camping at the Reserve now available. Fee payable. No water, no firewood. Info contact Parks & Wildlife of NT, (08) 8951 8211
- Trial of "Opal" petrol is under way at a number of community fuel stops in NT. Same as other petrol but 'non-sniffable'.
- Alter Map 3 to show sealed road Mt Magnet to Leinster
- p215, Yuendemu [also spelling “Yuendumu”]. New Warlukurlangu Arts Complex opened to the public. www.warlu.com